The Chanticleer Society
A Worldwide Organization of Cocktail Enthusiasts

fizzy water

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
142 Posts
Ralph posted on 27 Aug 2017 1:04 PM

So I was looking through a few old drink books and i noted in a few "top with apollinaris water".  From what I can find, this was/is a german mineral water.  I am assuming it is a lot like the Perrier/Pellegrino mineral waters you find in the stores commonly.

Which brings me to this, for whatever reason I have never used a sparkling mineral water in place of seltzer/club soda.  So I am wondering...  What do all of you think???

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
1,172 Posts

I think it all comes down to the flavor profile. Some of the "mineral waters" will bring with them various flavors, sometimes subtle, other times no so subtle. While there might be some drinks where were specifically designed around the flavor profile of one of these mineral waters, the vast majority were intended to use simple carbonated water (seltzer/club soda).

If you find a mineral water that you like the flavor of all on its own, it might be worth trying it in a few of your favorite drinks that otherwise call for seltzer and see what you think of the flavor profile.

-Robert

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, The Chanticleer Society